Friday, August 3, 2007

Japanese Chicken Wings

Ingredients:
  • 3 lbs. chicken (2-3 breasts) cooked and cut into 1/2" thick strips
  • 1 beaten egg
  • 1-2 cups flour
  • 1/4 cup shortening

Put the flour in a large gallon size ziplock bag. Dip chicken in flour, take out, dip in egg, and re-coat. Melt the shortening in a frying pan and fry the chicken in small batches until they are golden brown. (med. high heat) Put chicken in 9x13 baking dish when done. Cover with sauce mixture and cook at 350 degrees for 40 minutes to an hour; baste every 20 minutes. (I just flip the chicken)

Sauce: (I double this because I like the sauce on my fried rice)

  • 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
  • 3 Tablespoons water
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup distilled vinegar

~Amy Collett

5 comments:

Brent's Family said...

This is my favorite
Love Dad!!!

Brandi said...

Dad, did you try them? I was wondering if anyone looked at this blog.

Brent's Family said...

Yepppers I did!! I didn't make them though!

Unknown said...

OK, my family LOVED this meal. I made it with chicken wings instead of chicken breasts. Reece (8 years old) told me that if he was a Pharaoh and was going to be mummified, this would be the meal he wanted in his tomb with him. It's THAT good!

Unknown said...

Oh, and I check this blog all the time for recipe ideas.